It’s one thing to know how important it is to play and another to work it into a busy schedule. Hear how Audrey “Mourning” Wood took on boredom. She’s been a member of the L.A. Derby Dolls Sirens team since 2011 and was a member of All Stars from 2012-2015. She’s a derby trainer and has been head trainer, captain of the Sirens and co-captain of All Stars. And this is only one of the many things she does “just” for fun.
I invited her onto the show because we need to hear that people like Audrey face the same challenges so many of us do, but she’s managed to take purposeful, conscious steps into new and sometimes scary territory to find fun and meaning in life. So, for those of us who regularly stay late at work and collapse in a heap in front of Netflix the moment we get home, Audrey has advice on how to not only find and create community and fun outside of work, but how to have the energy to enjoy it.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How to be purposeful about how you spend your time instead of reactive
- Getting over the fear of being the instigator of fun
- How Audrey uses the Self Journal to set goals and keep them
- How reaching health and fitness goals give you the energy to enjoy life (energy you might not have right now)
- What feeling accomplished outside of paid work can do for your energy levels
- How you can get involved in roller derby in your area, including the L.A. Derby Dolls!